Africa Green Growth - ITALIAN LANGUAGE VERSION
- Thursday, November 10, 2022
- 14:00 - 18:30
- Agorà Energy 1 Pav. B7
Organized by: Res4Africa, Ecomondo Scientific Technical Committee, Key Energy Scientific Technical Committee
The main objective of the Africa Green Growth forum is to foster the entrance of our Italian companies in the vast African market, promoting their advanced technology and integrated solutions that will be able to meet the needs of food, water, raw materials and energy supply. The two main focuses will be “Water Energy and Food Nexus”, and “Green Hydrogen”: at the same time, circular economy, bioeconomy and young entrepreneurship will also be under the spotlight.
With the support of the Italian Trade Agency, The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, The Italian Ministry of Ecological Transition, and the Italian Ministry of University and Research, Embassies of the target countries in Italy will be involved, along with African government representatives, associations, institutions and qualified media: this will allow them to introduce the guidelines on the above-mentioned sectors for the next 2-5 years. At the same time, commercial delegations will be welcomed to establish a solid network between the industrial and the institutional sector.
President of Session
R. Vigotti – Secretary General, RES4Africa
2 p.m. – 2.30 p.m.
Institutional speech on climate change
R. Vigotti – Secretary General, RES4Africa
A. Biancardi – Head of Institutional Affairs, GSE
2.30 p.m. - 3.30 p.m.
Renewable Energy and Green Hydrogen
Opening from the Minister Plenipotentiary of the Embassy of Morocco, Mr. Khalid Atlassi
Opening from the Representative of the Embassy of Egypt, Ms. Noha Syam
Moderator: P. Cutrone – MED Area Senior Program Manager, RES4Africa
Speeches from African countries
- Morocco: (M. Benmeziane – Head of Communication and Technology Watch, Iresen)
- L. Casadio – Business Development H2, P2X and Hybrid Solutions, Siemens-Gamesa
- N. Pierozzi – Carbon Reduction Excellence Technical Manager, Rina Corporate
- A. Meola - Business Development Director Consulting Division, CESI
3.30 p.m. – 3.40 p.m.
3.40 p.m. – 4.40 p.m.
Innovative and sustainable initiatives for African countries
Opening from Representative of the Embassy of Kenya, Mr. Anthony Muriithi
Moderator: D. Guzzo – Access to Energy Officer, RES4Africa
Speeches from African countries (Key Energy-Ecomondo delegations)
- Rwanda: (B. Uwimana – Rwanda's Ministry of Environment, Communication and Outreach Specialist)
- Kenya: (G. Katiambo - Founder, INNO-NEAT Energy Solutions)
- South Africa: (C. Edeh – Director, African Sustainable Energy Association)
- Ghana: (M. Tuwor – Managing Director, Accra Compost Recycling Plant)
A. Karembu - Principal Renewable Energy Officer, African Development Bank
4.40 p.m. – 5 p.m.
End of works
5 p.m. – 5.45 p.m.
UNIDO ITPO Italy – Award Ceremony of the “FIPEE Call for High Impact Cleantech”
FIPEE Call for High Impact Cleantech” of UNIDO ITPO Italy aimed to identify projects with high-impact potential cleantech innovations from Botswana, Cuba, Ethiopia, Kenya and Peru. Selected projects have received targeted support to enhance their investment-readiness and business competitiveness through a specific training acceleration program, and an ad hoc jury of experts chose the 5 winners, one for each country. The initiative is part of the FIPEE project (www.unido.it/FIPEE), implemented by UNIDO ITPO Italy and funded by the Italian Ministry of Ecological Transition.
- Ms. Diana Battaggia | Head of UNIDO ITPO Italy
- Ms. Cecilia Erba | Project Expert at the Italian Ministry of Ecological Transition - MiTE
Winners presentation and award
- Presentation of the winner from Botswana awarded by Ms. Kelebogile N. Kgathi, Economic Officer at the Embassy of Botswana to Belgium accredited to Italy
- Presentation of the winning project from Cuba awarded by Eng. Bladimir Matos Moya, First Vice President of INRH Cuba
- Presentation of the winning project from Ethiopia awarded by H.E. Demitu Hambisa Bonsa, Ambassador of Ethiopia to Italy
- Presentation of the winning project from Kenya awarded by Eng. Benson Mwakina, Director of Renewable Energy at Ministry of Energy of Kenya
- Presentation of the winning project from Peru awarded by Ms. Cecilia Erba, Project Expert at MiTE
- Ms. Sunyoung Suh | Project Coordinator at UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP)
Moderator: Valentina Maltese | FIPEE project coordinator at UNIDO ITPO Italy
5.50 p.m. – 6.30 p.m.
Networking cocktail at Piazza della PA (pav. D7)
- Energy transition
- Key Energy and Ecomondo Event